At Design Works International we love creating trend boards that inspire us in the studio. Since the “softer side of color” is so pretty we love mixing these updated pastels with tones of grays and taupe. Our prints are a bit spontaneous mixing dots, stripes and simple graphics.
We are getting in the spirit a little early this year with our HAND PAINTED Holiday Collections. Twenty-five years ago, Design Works International started as a hand paint design studio. The brush and pencil were the tools of the day. Now, technology has affected every aspect of our lives, including what we do here and we are PROUD to say that we are still hand painting many of our designs.
Whether you are influenced by classical or modern artists, being able to create traditionally is essential. From the Cubist portraits by Picasso and Salvador Dali’s Surrealist creations at The Museum of Modern Art, we look to the brush for inspiration.
The Metropolitan Museum of art just opened their exhibit “Madame Cezanne” to showcase the artist’s most painted model. While at the Met we can also find John Singer Sargent’s most important works as well, which include an extensive collection of gorgeous watercolors.
At Design Works International we love creating Trends Boards that inspire our work in the studio…Vibrations is all about bright, fun colors mixed with substrates like wood and lucite. Our print focus is large scale geometric patterns in one or two colors that can be mixed and matched together creating a bold, yet clean, print and pattern story.
We are so excited for the launch of our Home Collection which is a collaboration of prints and patterns exclusively for the Home Markets, with a focus on bedding, wallpaper and upholstery. This collection is truly a “Worldwide Collaboration” as we are working with designers from our NYC studio as well as international designers in both CAD and hand painted styles.
For the past 20 years, Design Works International has attended Heimtex reporting on trend and products, but this year in addition to trend reporting, we will showcase our newest Home Collection. We are excited and honored to be a part of this International Textile Show in Frankfurt Germany from January 14th-17th 2015
Come visit Design Works International at Booth G81 Hall 4-2.
The redo experts took our boring office space, and transformed it into a stylish, colorful, and cozy spot for meetings, brainstorming, and okay, a little partying! Check out our before and after pictures below. Plus find details on specific paint colors, fabric patterns, and more HGTV HOME furniture and products used in the makeover.
- Chairs: HGTV HOME Furniture Collection Dining Chair (2572 and 2572-02A) in Smoke (HG73, fabric and 9, color) with nailhead trim Dining Table:
- HGTV HOME Caravan Rectangular Dining Table in Two-Tone (4386) Credenza:
- HGTV HOME Caravan Entertainment Credenza in Midnight (9486) Rug: HGTV HOME Flooring by Shaw Nirvana in Gray (00500) Tray Tables:
- HGTV HOME Design Studio at Bassett Style Boost Tray Table (6HG7-K604) in Green Pillow Fabrics:
- All HGTV HOME fabrics are available at Jo-Ann fabric stores or joann.com. Like a Diamond in Fog (window seat), Round Trip in Lagoon, Souvenir Scroll in Lagoon and Fog, and Chevron Chic in Harvest Paint Colors:
- HGTV HOME by Sherwin-Williams in Cooled Blue (SW 6759) on the walls, and Sealskin (SW 7675) underneath the window seat.
Sometimes we find design in unexpected places. Often we are so distracted by the environment that we don’t see what is right in front of us.
People don’t go to Las Vegas to see beautiful design, but if you look around… it’s there… often right under our feet!